Improvements in Jagannatha Hora 8.0
Download JHora 8.0 now!
2016 January 1
Happy new year!
You may download Jagannatha Hora 8.0 at
This is the best and most accurate version of Jagannatha Hora ever. The year range of full version is expanded to 12899 BC to 16600 AD (previously 5399 BC to 5400 AD). Target precision of planetary calculations is improved to 0.001 arc-sec.
This also allows you to use some new calculations introduced in some of my researches published in the last couple of years, such as redefined Tithi Pravesha chart and re-defined lunar new year chart.
If you downloaded 7.61 or later and did not disable auto update, this should be automatically picked up when you start JHora next time (with internet turned on).
Astrology & Spirituality Resources: http://www.VedicAstrologer.org
Changes from 7.66 to 8.0:
(1) The year range of full version is expanded to -12900 to 16600 (previously -5400 to 5400). Target precision of planetary calculations is improved to 0.001 arc-sec. Swiss Ephemeris used in JHora was updated to version 2.02.01 and this updates the target JPL ephemeris to DE431.
(2) Fixed a bug that sometimes showed wrong calculations with ayanamsas NOT based on the exact longitude of a fixed star (e.g. traditional Lahiri, Krishnamurthy, Raman), when one uses mean/true tropical solar year as dasa year or in the definition of lunar year or TP.
(3) Added new options in the computation of Tithi Pravesha chart, based on the research at http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/articles.
(4) Added new options in the computation of lunar new year chart to define it based on first new Moon or Full Moon after Sun enters any sidereal/tropical sign. This allows one to cast the lunar new year chart defined in the research at http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/articles.
(5) Added new options in the computation of solar new year chart to define it based on Sun's entry into any sidereal/tropical sign.
(6) Added new options in the computation of progressed chart based on Vimsottari dasa, based on the research at http://www.VedicAstrologer.org/articles.
(7) Added the ability to compute progressed chart based on nakshatra dasa computed from various seeds in various vargas.
(8) Fixed an error in amsa rulers (deities) of D-27.
(9) An option to output panchanga data for an entire year in a tab delimited spreadsheet format requested by a famous religious peetham in south India was added.
(10) Added the ability to find drigdasa for any divisional chart.
(11) Removed the "Set calculations options as recommended by Sri Vinay Jha (SSS)" option.
(12) Added the ability to turn on/off refraction, annual aberration of light and gravitational deflection in apparent planetary positions and the ability to turn on/off nutation in tropical positions.